Duration: 2 hours
Cost: £650 +VAT
Maximum 20 delegates – suitable for all members of staff
This course covers:
- An introduction to fire safety legislation
- An introduction to the chemistry of fire (what fire is /Triangle of Fire)
- Common causes of fire in the workplace looking at fire hazards, risk of fire and control measures
- What to do in event of fire (following your organisations fire safety policy)
At the end of this session your staff will:
- Have an understanding of your organisations legal duties and responsibilities under fire safety legislation
- Have an understanding of what fire actually is
- Have an appreciation of common causes of fire in the workplace including hazard identification, risk posed by identified hazards and control measures to reduce the risk of fire
This course is comprehensive and satisfies the basic requirement for staff fire awareness.
Please note that this course does not teach delegates the practical use of fire extinguishers. Our ‘fire extinguisher and fire awareness course’ includes this, providing all delegates with the opportunity to use an extinguisher on a real fire themselves.